Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Hey Shawn Marion - Michael J. Fox Called, He Wants His Jumper Back...



Who can forget the memorable role that Michael J. Fox played in "Teen Wolf"? That's right, no one. Who can forget how terrible he looked when he attempted to shoot and dribble the basketball? No one. Just like Charlie Sheen trying to throw a baseball in "Major League" there have been many an actor that has taken an athletic role and not done all that well.

Now, picture Mr. Fox playing basketball. It looks bad, really bad. That is because he is really bad. But, what if - just what if Mr. Fox were to put on a brand new pair of MJ IV's? He might not even have needed to turn into a werewolf to dominate the court. Just the act of him putting on those shoes could have propelled his game to new heights. He could have, in all reality become Michael J. Jordan.

Or not.

He probably would continue to look as foolish as he did. The shoes probably would not improve his jumper, his ball handling skills, or his overall basketball aura. I am, however, positive that those shoes would have given him a boost in one two key aspects. 1 - He would look like a BDass, and 2 - He would know that he looked like a BDass.

Now, what the heck does that matter?

Well, my fellow U.S. Americans not of the Iraq therefore such as, you all can call me Tiger from now on. That's right. Thanks to my new favorite President of the United States (George W.), I will be sporting a Nike Sumo Square Head Driver (8.5 degree) from now on. Will it cut 20 strokes off my game? Will I hit every fairway off the tee box? Will my swing be perfect? The answer to these questions is... No, Guaranteed. But, I will look pretty good pulling that bad boy out of my bag until I swing it.

I am actually pretty pumped to give it a whirl. I swung it a few times today at a few different stores before I pulled the trigger and bought it. Just consider this your warning: beat downs were included with the purchase. I will start distributing them tomorrow... hopefully.

Some of you may think that I was foolish to just throw money that I didn't earn away for a golf club - let me just say shame on you. I am only trying to fulfill my duty as a citizen of this great country. The economy needs a boost - and as long as I get money for nothing - I will spend some. Believe it. Don't worry mother, some is going into savings, sheesh.

4 comments:

Riley Alexander said...

Way to be a great American Hub. No doubt your efforts to stimulate the economy will be greatly noticed. After all "ask not what your golf game will do for you, but what you can do for your golf game"

Tikes said...

Nice...I was a little confused what shoes or Michael J Fox had to do with it but...I am sure that I will give it a try too.

Unknown said...

I would also like to congratulate you hub, you are a great american my friend. it sounds like we all will be using your pretty new pet today. even if we all just hit the ball 100 yards further.......into the scrub oak. p.s. I do own a pair of mj IV's and I do feel more BDass when I sport them.

Your Mom said...

I am glad you splurged, Casey. War Ashley for probably telling you to go for it knowing how happy it would make you.

And the young man behind MJ looks pretty athletic himself.