Sunday, May 4, 2008

Fresh as a Daisy...



You all might wonder what in the world this is. No, Tyler does not have severe diarrhea while potting training using Tupperware. Let me explain...

You may have all read that I was going to the range to 'tighten up' my swing. I had a couple theories that I though might give me that extra boost that I need. I thought that I could go and try a couple things out and add some distance and maybe even straighten out my shot. Unfortunately, I was wrong. After testing out my theory, I found out that pretty much no matter what I do, I am not Tiger Woods, no, I am not even Ranger Rick.

So, I came home and decided that I needed to rekindle the friendship that I once had with my clubs. You might even say I had a PGCI (personal golf club interview) with each individual club. I taught them about the game of golf - what was supposed to happen, some of the commandments that they needed to follow, and the joy that could be felt when achieving a birdie. They were golden investigators, and they all decided to change their ways, become converted to good golf, and be washed and cleaned in my kitchen. Thus, we see the filth and the sin that was washed from them into the Tupperware of hot, soapy water.

Now, I just have to talk to my swing.

13 comments:

Tikes said...

For this resurgance to be complete...you must involve the dirty water in the circle of life. Yes, you must drink it to ensure that your body will learn form the mistakes that you have made thus far. You must teach you body to feed off the grass and dirt left behind from past rounds and courses to develop some immunity to bad shots. So drink up if you want to be complete.

Hub said...

Dang it. I already let my perfect game run down the drain. I wish I would have known this earlier. Then again, I guess I have my excuse all lined up...

Riley Alexander said...

These "skews" to be tightened, it's probably a good idea if I do the same. I'm having a problem located my "skews" though.

Ashley said...

I'm thinking the kitchen floor could help your swing too.

Unknown said...

Ri-bone,
I might be having a hard time locating what you are talking about....Skews?

Unknown said...

Hub,
Tikes is right, there were a couple of ancient ordinances that could have been performed with the unholy water prior to its dismissal. Other than immediate consumption, one could also go out into the fairway in only your golf shoes and titleist hat. raise your arms in a "v", and commence to sprinkle or drench yourself with the particles of soil, foliage, and rock that have been collected by your clubs. By doing this, the thought is much like homeopathic medicine or immunology, in that you will be immunized to poor shots and shanks. the ancient scots performed these rituals often after their rounds in the early days........

Hub said...

Can I at least buy a kilt?

Riley Alexander said...

what? I mispelled another word, that's weird. Wow how are you supposed to spell that screw? mmmmm, I bet that's about a 3rd grade word. 2nd grade if it's one of the challenge words.
Anyways, yes, Tikes, I'll be taking my clubs back before thursday to give them a thourough cleaning and to also set them up in my office just behing my moniter so I can stare at them while counting down the minutes thursday.

Tobias said...

Is this how you fix a slice with a driver? If not how is it done. As soon as I can drive the ball straight, I will be ready for the PGA

Tobias said...

I cleaned my clubs on conferance sunday.

Riley Alexander said...

That reminds me, I better clean mine before the hallowed day (thursday)

Unknown said...

I propose that the winner of our tournament of awesome be awarded by each other member of team awesome posting on their respective blogs how they were not awesome and how the winner was unbelievably more awesome than they were. that will assure that everyone bring their best game.

Ashley said...

better watch out boys...Casey's strutting a new driver. Hopefully it'll be all that he's hoping it will be.