Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Calling All Clones...



As all of you should know, this Friday is a very important day. As is customary every year, the smack-off is coming to a radio near you. It is this Friday. 10:00-1:00 mountain standard time. You may tune in on either AM 1280 or AM 700 here in the valley. "I have to work" is no excuse. As Rome suggests - start coughing around the boss tomorrow - kick it up a notch on Thursday with the 'feeling sick', and then BAM - call in sick Friday and plan around it. Check for the affiliate near you at jimrome.com if you need to. For those of you who don't know - it will be awesome. For more info, listen to this, or check it out at the previous address.

A few side notes -

This post will now push the infamous "Spicy Buns" post off of my blog. Can't say I haven't been looking for an excuse to get rid of that thing.

Took my final today - I am done, and happy. Not a coincidence.

Ate at Bajio today as well. Had the Mexican Pizza. The flauta still reigns supreme. Followed by the stuffed quesadilla, pizza, and then the burrito/chimi. Sorry Ri-too pansy to eat the best Bajio. Also - new Bajio in AF. The theory holds true - new Bajios pile on the fixins. So good.

11 comments:

Ashley said...

Yes I recall the first time listening to the smack-off. I believe we were driving to St. George and you were having to explain all the inside comments to me. I just didn't get it.

Then, after listening to his show while driving between jobs I realized just how funny he was if you just gave him '2 weeks'.

War team awesomes' affiliates and me for knowing why I'll get my husband's voicemail if I call Fri. between the hours of 10-1.

Tikes said...

War the Smack off, and Terrance finally pulling through....

Hub said...

I don't know - Terrance is good, but I am pulling for Vic in NoCal.

War my wife - a team awesome transplant and a clone.

Riley Alexander said...

I think I already asked this, but does this stream online? I listened to his show once, and I loved it. I need to listen to this big show.

Hub said...

1280thezone.com

Tikes said...

I like Vic too, but he sort of stoned me when he didn't show up last year...

Riley Alexander said...

I'm there. Or I mean, I'll stream that one. I may need a reminder though

Riley Alexander said...

I think the dude that took 2nd should have won it. The first caller that "called his shot" sucked.

Unknown said...

Vick the brick laid a brick, Dr. Mike Ditolla should have won, I agree with Ri-clone.

Tikes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tikes said...

Rome always pulls a homer and basically gives it to someone who shouldnt have won it...like last year...Shauny should have been like 3rd, but since Rhomo had a man crush on him....he gave him his 4th title....it is totally rigged.