Thursday, April 17, 2008

Called out of retirement...



Yes, it's true. My mad flag football skills have paid off once more. How? Well, let me tell you. Monday I was driving around (working) when I got a call from a long lost friend. Let's call him Nick. You all know him. Anyway, he proceeded to tell me that his flag football team was in the tourney and that they needed my help. He said he was going on vacation and that I should take his spot. After much discussion, I agreed.

Fast forward to tonight. I get to the field and receive the "prodigal son has returned" and the "look who came out of retirement" and everything else I was expecting. After last nights debacle - their minor jabs were nothing.

So I ask, "how have you guys done against the teams we are playing?" They went 1-1 and 0-2. The first team - you may know them as 'game over' - you remember the Paris Hilton rat wannabe dog that I blogged about so long ago - yep... it was there. Too bad we handed it to them. Once again, game over for game over. They were actually pretty cool this time, though.

OK, back to the important stuff. We end up winning the championship. Yes, I know. The team that served 2 consecutive beat downs to my previous team was overtaken in a barn burner.

Now, I would just like to point something out here. The combined record against these 2 teams during the regular season was 1-3. With me there, it was 2-0. Now I don't want to give myself too much credit, but can you say X factor? That's what I thought. Don't worry about how Alan is a freaking stud and Peer bone is crazy good. I accept full credit for the win. My 0 sacks, 0 receptions, 0 touchdowns, 0 yards, and 0 knockdown definitely pushed the team on to victory (for the record I did have a number of tackles and some hurries resulting in incomplete passes).

Oh, and by the way - can anybody see anything wrong with the above picture? A 55 yard line? Since when has there EVER been a 55 yard line? And how can that apostasy be on the cover of a play book? "OK Billy, here's what you are going to do: run a post to the 55 yard line - I'll get you the ball." How is that going to work?

15 comments:

Tikes said...

So you are playing football in April? Where? That is messed up. I cant figure out if this is a post from long ago, or if the spice that you let in between your buns has entered into your brain and rendered you retarded....I will probably need some clarification here.

Hub said...

The city set up a spring flag football league. Most of the teams that play in the fall returned to play in the spring. Last night was the championship game of the spring league.

Now its time for softball guy (you) to come out of hybernation.

Hub said...

P.S. You might recall that the iron pigs from the fall league fell short in the tourney. 4th place isn't too bad, right?

Hub said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tikes said...

I will be starting my vigorous softball guy workout soon....so I will be ready. I am also thinking of getting a new tat on my shoulder. It is sweet.

Tobias said...

What is with this spicy buns thing Casey? What happened. Hey I like the link you set up for me. Its better that yankee gayness that your brother came up with. We did eat a @#$# lode of lemon pepper chicken and pickles

Hub said...

I forgot about the pickles. Don't forget the banana creamies, either. The spicy buns thing all started because I was up way later than I should have been posting. I can't really remember but I said something about how I like "a little spice between my buns." I was speaking about jalapeno burgers and a few people got really excited about it for some reason. They thought it was pretty funny.

Tobias said...

Oh.... I understand. I thought it had something to do with crapping your pants, but that is worse. If I said something like that, my brothers would not let it go. I forgive you and will never call you Spicy Buns.

Tikes said...

I will still call you spicy buns...probably even in heaven if its allowed.

Tobias said...

Tikes, You will never get translated directly to heaven with an attitude like that. I thought you were better than that. You will now have to wait for the second judgment to get into heaven. I'm sure name calling will not be allowed.

Jon said...

"I was up way later than I should have been posting" What? 9:09 pm - WOW, that's late.

Ashley, for Casey's own good -- never allow him to post past 9pm again.

Unknown said...

I actually think that buns of spice sounds better, so I will address him as that. I dont think that nicknames are technically "calling someone names" so I think we will be ok. for heaven I mean. And Tikes, does the softball workout include foot long sandwiches for barbells, no shirt, grey baseball pants that are way too tight, with stirrups?

Tobias said...

Dr. P, is that a softball workout or were you discribing softball in Santaquin, Genola, Eureka, and Nephi? I don't know but the no man but I have played against teams in all of those areas, and that describes them perfectly.

Tikes said...

The workout that I speak of consists of cutting off the sleeves of my T-Shirts, and getting new tats, shaving my head, working the perfect goatie, and then developing crude, inappropriate language. Followed by pounding some beers.

Tobias said...

That sounds like some workout. I will just stick to my workout. I got mine off of Mr. Baseball staring Tom Seleck.