Sunday, December 2, 2007

Ah, Yes. The Christmas Pic...


There are a lot of wonderful Christmas traditions out there. Unfortunately, not everything in December is awesome. I last posted on driving on ice during a blizzard. Snow is awesome except when it is on the road. Anyway, let me tell you about another (sarcasm inserted here) wonderful Christmas tradition: the Christmas Pic.

No doubt it will happen to you, too. Either by need for a card or by your lovely wife's demand, you will have a "Christmas" pic taken. My family has already had this taken - I hope. We put the annual picture on a card and send it to all of you. Don't get me wrong. I don't mind having a quick picture taken, but it can get ugly, especially with me in the pic. So if the picture that we have already taken doesn't work this year, don't be surprised to get a picture like the one above from us saying "Merry Christmas from Team Zander". Even though these people are obviously not us. I just don't know how many photo shoots I can do in one month. I don't know why they adopted Fez for the picture or why they think it is funny that they are all closing their eyes. There are some weirdos out there. Ri-Hunter, I may have a job for you involving 7 people. Your future weapon will not harm them too badly, right?

P.S. I have a beautiful and very patient wife and my son is a natural born chick magnet and superstar when the cameras come out, so it is me that ruins the pics - mostly by my over the top positive attitude. Also... big thanks to Tikes for lending this family his Christmas sweaters. I didn't know you had that many.

Disclaimer: My hatred toward getting a Christmas pic taken may be slightly exaggerated for the purpose of this post.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I would like to expand that sentiment to all forced family pictures, I dont mind the "natural" ones, but there is something far too glamourshottish about posing in front of beautiful scenery that i dont enjoy. especially when your mouth muscles start to fatigue as your smile has been forced for far too long on your face.

Riley Alexander said...

I dont think even photoshop could help this "special" family.

Amanda said...

I could photoshop eyes on all of them. That would be fun.

Riley Alexander said...

Yeah, but what about their faces? Ouch