Saturday, December 8, 2007

Another First...


OK, so my posting attendance has been awful this week. I was going to post on Wednesday, but didn't. I will save you from my whining about class - suffice it to say that I am done with my clinicals and just have my final on Monday. I need to get a 74% or above on the final to pass, so wish me luck.

One thing I will say is that I had another big first my last day at clinical. No, this has nothing to do with urine or fecal matter, sorry guys. It's all about the blood. I started my first IV in the ER on Tuesday. It was pretty sweet. I was 3 for 6 at the end of the day. That may not sound all that awesome, but it is. Poking people with needles and taping them to their arms is pretty sweet. That is why in celebration of the highlight of the semester I went and bought this Male Nurse Action Figure. You are all jealous. I didn't really buy it, that would be gay; but it really was pretty sweet to actually do something other than change a bed.

So, two more days until I receive three weeks of academic freedom.

War people with ropes for veins.
War the nurse that let me practice IVs on her - 3 pokes... she is awesome.
War a mere 16 days until Christmas.

4 comments:

Tikes said...

74% is all you need, you may as well take the test blindfolded....good luck.

Hub said...

Thanks, Do you think answering "B" the whole time might result in a 74%?

Tikes said...

I think so.

Unknown said...

I like the gaylord focker action figure, doesnt it make you feel like such a man to be in a class full of girls, talking about girl stuff. I can assure you it will get better....when you go to anesthesia school and/or graduate.
means to an end.