Friday, March 6, 2009

I remember my login...



It has been a while, I know. However I will not sit here and write how I have changed my ways and how I vow to be more consistent. I don't. On the other hand, I don't know if it can get worse. Anyway... on to the life altering event that has driven my out of the dust to actually post.

I lifted today. Weights. And for the record Ri-Bone smoked me. After having seen everyone, including your mom leaving me in the dust, I thought it about time. I ran a mile this morning, and chased it with a workout of approximately 35 minutes.

I was feeling pretty good until my second set of our first station. By the end of the half hour I felt like I was going to puke. We finished lifting and I had to sit down and rest. I got up after my long rest just outside the gym and walked about 15 feet toward the exit. After those long, arduous 15 feet, I had to take another break. It was pathetic, but it gets worse.
I get home, where my bowels go wild after experiencing what must have seemed to them an earthquake (especially after downing a pack of seeds the day previous). I plan on showering, but still feel like I might puke. I finally get into the shower and find I barely have the strength to lift my hands to wash my hair.

I now realize, again, why I don't workout. I guess it's easier if you do it more than once every 5 years, but we'll see. I have thought about making some sort of worksheet that compares that number of times I workout to the number of posts I write. Should be a barn burner.

14 comments:

Riley Alexander said...

An earthquake? Holy, that was funny. Any time you want dude.

When your ready, maybe you could run with your mom.

Hub said...

She would smoke me right now. All in due time...

I hear you have P90X?

Bnut's Bible said...

My older bro. "The Worm" is doing p90x and I believe he could show you all a thing or two. Bulking up for softball season I guess. Is that what all the Alexander boys are preparing for?

Riley Alexander said...

No, of course not. I'm preparing for golf season.

I am the official owner until Tikes pays. Then he will be elevated to co-owner. You want in? The more the marrier. I have procrastinated long enough. I'm starting when I get back from our trip.

Bnut's Bible said...

Do you and Hub want a rematch with myself and Tikes? Bring it.

Tikes said...

I am not afraid to admit that I am bulking up for softball season. and if there were anyone in the world that needs P90X...its worm. Holy, does he have .1 pound that he wants to lose?

As for me being co-owner of P90X with Riley....I told him I won't be ready until April 26th anyway...so Riley can go ahead and be full owner until then. Or you can share it with Casey until then. I was thinking that I would pay as soon as you bring it (or the sort-of illegally copied DVD's to my house).

To make you feel better Casey...I did actuallly puke a while back when I hit the weights a little harder than I should have. Some call that crazy, but I took my inspiration from one of the posters in the weight room.

It is nice to see you back in the blungle.

Unwar Duke v. UNC playing during my block of church tomorrow.

Hub said...

It still hurts.

I want in on the P90X deal, I have a small problem, though... no pull up bar... I'm working on it.

And by the way, those dudes on the posters in the weight room make me want to puke. Not to be like them, but because they are gross.

Riley Alexander said...

dude. iron gym, walmart. $25ish bones. no skews, it's all leverage.

Tobias said...

Yeah I understand the feeling. Maybe you should blog more about the your updates on getting healthy again thoughout the year... That would be nice.

Unknown said...

hub, you could always to pilates or something with the chicks at the high school.

Unknown said...

thats "do" pilates or tae bo or whatever. I dont think p90 x is specifically for weight loss, but it bulks you up rather nicely.

Bnut's Bible said...

What happens on April 26 Tikes? Are you delaying your doom? I'm with you on the UNC/Duke game. Good thing God invented DVR, but I should have just not watched it. It was a good game though. UNC is definitely better/deeper this year, but Duke seems to be coming around at a good time.

Tikes said...

April 26th marks day 90 of my current workout program. I will graduate from P90 to P90X.

As for Duke UNC...I watched the last 53 seconds which was enough for me. I wouldn't hold to hope in the NCAA tourney if I were you even though they are playing better (a little better).

Hub said...

I am assiming that weight will come off as bulk up... that is if I ever get around to actually doing something about it...