Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My Battle Against Boredom...



As a student nurse I have learned many things over the years. The important things I have, of course, forgotten. But I do remember some of the ‘interesting’ stuff. Now when I say ‘interesting’ I mean knowledge mostly concerning the bowel. So, I have built up an immunity to feeling the least bit embarrassed or grossed out when discussing poo, the formation of poo, or the elimination of poo. On that point…

I like to take my sweet time on the throne. Think what you may. Some people take long showers, I take long growlers. Don’t worry about it. I always have some reading material handy as well (you can’t just sit there). Usually it is the Reader’s Digest or a golf magazine. The other day, however, I came to a figurative wall. I had read both these two sources, leaving me alone and exposed. What could I do?
Quickly the idea came to pull out my phone and play a quick game of whatever game the phone came with. Unfortunately, all of the ‘games’ were just demos. Gay. I could play for like 30 seconds and then it would ask if I wanted to purchase the game. No, thanks. I knew that, eventually, I would have to break down and buy a game on my phone.

I did and you all wish you had my phone right now. I am rocking Guitar Hero 3 on the LG. I have already passed the normal difficulty 5-staring every song and am well on my way to doing to same in expert mode. I guess my legendary skills from the real GH3 combine with my above average texting skills to create a god-like power to melt faces with just my phone.

Note: The actual game isn’t that good, but good enough - And GH3 blows Rockstar out of the water.

6 comments:

Bnut's Bible said...

I too like to take long dukes with some reading material. It is some of the best quiet, alone time of the day. I do, however, question the usage of your phone on the throne. Your are handling something you put by your face on a regular basis, with something you are about to clean your crack with. Seems a little gross. I'm just sayin...

Unknown said...

see Bnut, you too can be awesome. That is what we are talking about. nice comment.

Tikes said...

Welcome JRod....welcome.

How do you like that Hub?

As for GH3 on the phone...?I will have to see it before I make a judgement.

Ashley said...

That explains the "different" noises coming from the bathroom.

Riley Alexander said...

I for one am pumped about the progress and new surge that Team Awesome has been renewed with over the last couple of days, especially the quality of the posts.

On a seperate note, I also like to take my time. There is certain things in life you "shant" rush. Pinching a loaf is one of them.

Hub said...

I wash my hands post defecation, some don't... whatever...