Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My Fatness, er... Fitness Program...



There are a couple things that need to be brought up before this post gets going too far. 1- I am fat. There are many levels of fat, from slightly overweight to Jabba the Hut, but rest assured… I am fat. 2- I like football… a lot. I think football is my #1 sport both to watch and to play. Just for the record, co-ed softball ranks around 47. Just behind cross country and just before NASCAR. Anyway…

You may remember that last year during this time I was known to many as Benedict Hub. I bailed on the football team I had played with for years for the promise of fame and fortune as a member of the Iron Pigs. We were a good team, but we could not get over the hump. Our quarterback situation was one that was not conducive with winning it all. Alas, we fell short.

Fast forward, or rewind, to my last post about football entitled "Called Out Of Retirement." I was brought back to ensure a championship victory. I have since gone back to the origins of my flag football career. Yes, I am once again a member of a dynasty. The team formerly known as Pirate Motorsports has me on their roster playing D End full time.

So, I hope that I can get into better shape. It is pretty bad right now. I cannot sprint for two plays in a row. Now, if the football doesn’t get me where I want to be, I have a sweet backup plan. I have signed on to play P-town league basketball with none other than Kid Rock himself. I am pumped. League starts Nov. 10th. I am almost as excited at the blogging prospects that surely will present themselves during the games as I am about actually playing. But for now, the drama of Flag Football will have to do.

16 comments:

Unknown said...

playing d-end in flag football is your way of getting back into shape? do you take extra time counting 1-alligator, 2-alligator?

Hub said...

Rushing is BY FAR the worst job there is. 10 yard sprint just to get to the pocket, fighting through double teams just to do it again on the next down, and the next, and the next... it wears on you. It is pretty much the equivelant of Navy Seal training.

Tikes said...

Nice Dr. P.

Glad to see that I didn't even get an invitation this year. I was at least on the roster last year....apparently you have forgotten how useful I am in a pinch.

And who might I ask is Kid Rock?

Unknown said...

10 yards?! dude thats almost 30 feet!!

Hub said...

What you need to realize is that I am hauling an extra 30 lbs around. With that in mind 20 straight 10 yeard sprints followed by cutting, weaving, containing, following, attacking, and sacking IS work. You are just jealous of... uh... er... you are jealous.

Kid Rock played in the outfield with me in my high school days. He shares my same first name and his last name is srarts with fan___. If that is not enough... his mother works at Smith's and he grew up in the neighborhood behind the middle school. Wow.

Tikes said...

Yeah...I got it after the first clue...what do think I am slow?

Riley Alexander said...

Yes.

Riley Alexander said...

I will most likely also be on this team. I plan to have our entire team devide in half so each team can play 2 minutes at a time.

Or, if my so called fitness levels keep up, I may be able to run and have the stamina of a normal human my age.

Unknown said...

there we go B-nut, thats what we're talking about. THAT is how your next post needs to sound.

Riley Alexander said...

Quote for teh media: "We sucked tonight." -Most of team

Yeah, that was hilariouse

Tobias said...

HUB... At least you try. What was wrong with you QB situation. I might be avaliable. I can still through the ball over the mountain. By the way I have pretty much told two softball teams to stuff it because I want to play for team awesome. Anyways I think also that fatnes comes in degrees. I have stopped taking a cart when I golf.

Unknown said...

great move tobius, do you order that 64 oz DIET pepsi now too? Have you ever heard that tenacious D bit about the drive through. hilarious.

Tikes said...

Tobi....you might be available?

Are you kidding? You are so busy you can't even post more than once a month, how are you going to have time to come play football? I am already putting you on a short leash for softball season next summer. If you miss a game, your contract will be voided, in fact, if you are late to a game, I may force you to wear a pink jersey.

And the reason you stopped taking a cart when you golf is because you spent so much time in the trees, that the cart was rendered useless...

Boom.

Tobias said...

Dear Tikes... I am scheduled to Graduate(from the best school ever) in the summer of 09... I will be taking only two classes. I will be less busy. I stopped taking a cart because I woke up and found 10 extra lbs attached to my butt. I will be ready to give my full commitment.. Ask Hub.. The game that I came to play, because Ri-bone wasn't there, I drove to Payson(from the U) in an hr. You can always expect that kind of commitment from me when I sign my name on the dotted line...

Hub said...

It was pretty impressive. I am thinking that you drove, what? Like 90 the whole way down? Nice.

Tobias said...

NO 91