Thursday, October 30, 2008

Learned or Inherited?



Today’s post is about an epiphany I had recently… Let me just put a couple pictures in your mind…

1. Me, on the tee box with Driver in hand and a tee sticking out of my mouth.
2. Me, sitting on the porch passing the time.
3. Me, not having cable or the internet.

Ok, so there are a few problems. I still have not reverted to calling water ‘rocky mtn. punch’, nor have I begun to manually signal a left turn while entering the freeway. But I do continue to live in the Stone Age. My old man now has caller ID and HDTV. He also enjoys the luxury of the World Wide Web (even though he still just plays solitaire). The point is that I have limited access to the internet and I have not really done anything about it.

So, you can call this an excuse for not blogging. It does increase your blogging potential by having the internet in the confines of your home, so that will be coming soon, thanks to Comcast. Also, school sucks and it takes a lot of my time these days – have you ever taken out an NG tube – it’s gross. And who would blog instead of embarrassing JROD and Tikes on the course?

Anyway…

The Christmas celebration begins in a mere two days. That is something that we all can blog about.

War me plugging the blogs to the nursing staff that I was working with yesterday.

12 comments:

Tikes said...

Uh....this blog post is dumber than a rock.

Besides...if you start posting about Christmas inNovember, just to post...your blog will be stupider than that tree out there.

Tikes said...

Real bloggers blog, not make excuses for not blogging. Maybe you and Tobi should hang out sometime.

Bnut's Bible said...

I'm with Tikes. You are pretty weak blogger. Just like everything else I guess, and if you ever want to be a real man and play me straight up in golf. Step up. Any amount of money that you would like to bet, I'm in. Out.

Bnut's Bible said...

And I will absolutely not blog about christmas...ever...

Unknown said...

that post was dumber than that piece of carpet over there.....
and I have taken out many NG tubes. just wait till you get to intubate some one who has rotted in the ICU for 3 weeks.

Riley Alexander said...

This post was awesome and you know it. Your failing to realize whats going on here...

The tee in the mouth, passing time on the front porch... Do you see what's happening?

As for Christmas in November. Freaking Boo Ya!

Unknown said...

Ribone, I did realize what was going on here, that is why i said, .....dumber than that piece of carpet.. who else says that?

Tikes said...

War P and I for knowing what is going on....I had to tell hub what I meant by my words....proof that his transformation is complete.

Riley Alexander said...

I'm sure you have all notice certain things like "the tee in the mouth" or somthing like that going on to add to our inevitable morph into J-Pac. Hub, when will your anckles begin to swell up? Pretty soon I'm sure.

Unknown said...

maybe tikes has some more cow shoes....

Tobias said...

Dear Hub!!!! WHERE ARE YOU!!!!!!

Unknown said...

I hate visiting blogs with cobwebs on them.