Sunday, November 4, 2007

Fall = Football

Actual logo used on our jersies. Awesome.

As I have mentioned in a previous post, one of the good things about Thanksgiving, and fall, is football. I being the only one is this family currently in a league, if you will call it that, feel obligated to tell you how this year went for the Iron Pigs. That is my team, aka Questar Gas. The season wrapped up yesterday, leaving just two tournament days. The tourny is single elimination, you lose - you go home. Of course, this is all just warm up for the turkey bowl coming up this Thanksgiving. Anyway, the Pigs went 4-5 this year. Not even .500. pretty bad, huh? Obviously it was a rebuilding year, and there are some kinks we need to work on this off season, but we did finish the season on a high note. We are currently on a 3 game winning streak. Yes, that means if you do the math we were 1-5 at one point. Wow. We did pick up a key free Agent name Jeff B. which has helped, and we have found an offense that moves the ball. Something you need to do to win. Anyway, I am not heartbroken about the season, there is a decent chance we stir things up in the tourney, but this year has been fun. For those of you that don't know, I bailed on my traditional team and joined a younger more inexperienced one. Last year we were undefeated, but it sucked. That is why I called a meeting with the owners and stated the usual "moving in a different direction" stuff. It wasn't about the money or the touches. That team just had a couple guys that made me feel like I was playing football with some 8 year old girls that had just lost their barbies. It was bad. So, onto the tourney and Turkey Bowl. Be there or be a homo dressed in black straight ironing your hair.

War Steve being back so Randall B. can full out body slam him. War Colby K. not being there and scaring me as I attempt to tackle him. War my wife continuing to learn the rules and strategies of man sports.
I think it is actually more like TB IV or V. I cant remember, but you get the point.

9 comments:

Tikes said...

As the Coordinator for the first 3 Turkey Bowls...I will be confident in my labelling it as "Turkey Bowl IV"..

I hereby submit my name for the draft board. Although I will leave the duty of securing the high school field to someone else, as I don't want to go sit there for 3 hours prior to the actual game anymore.

Riley Alexander said...

That's a pretty sweet logo on your jersy, is that why you were 1-5 at one point in the year? I would have gone with somthing more relevent or true to life, like... the purple cobras. I will definitly not be going to the field early. I will however show up and play. As long as my shoulder thing doesn't interfere. War me having health insurance this year. Also, Chappy I dont think will be there. So, now are we down to almost everyone being normal human size? P.s. - I call not gaurding Steve.

Riley Alexander said...

Just a head's up Tyss, maybe you should wear an ankle brace this year!

Tikes said...

It was my foot that broke last year, not my ankle....and I have already decided to play like Deion Sanders, and avoid as much contact as possible. Also, I will make sure not to make any sudden movements while running, as that is how I broke my own foot. Running so fast that my foot couldn't take the torque when I planted to make a cut.

Riley Alexander said...

So, what are you saying you arent' going to be like Arien Peterson. He is persuading me to like the vikings. And that was before his game yesterday. He's just amazing. that dude would break my ankles. In fact lets' not lie, he would shatter my ankles, including tarsels, break both my tibia, and fibula, tear my miniscus, and also break my femer, and that's in both legs. But good comparison to Deon, aint that the truth. The more I see this iron pigs logo, the more I think it's cool. At first I made fun of it, but I think that's sweet, who came up with that? There's not really a school's mascot right?

Tikes said...

C-Hub, do you know that your previous team members are probably reading your blog? I know at least 2 who do.

Hub said...

My blog is uncensored. There is no filter between my brain and my fingers. If they are reading it, they know of whom I speak. They probably feel the same, but a little less so. If they don't know of whom I speak. That is good - it means that such behavior has ceased. Maybe I was just a cancer. It wouldn't be the first time I have caused contention within my own ranks.
About the Iron Pigs - Brian W. found it online. It is actually a minor league baseball team in Oregon or Washington. I think they are associated with the Phillies - don't quote me on that. You can find it easily with my friend Google. Our uni's are gray with a black logo. They are awesome.

Hub said...

Disclaimer: Steve will not be back for the Turkey Bowl this year. He is back later, I wasn't sure so I warred him being back, I guess Randall will have to head hunt a different victim.

Riley Alexander said...

Randall will now head hunt the next smallest child, or small man on the field to tackle and attempt to crush his ribcage in the act a tackle.