Saturday, November 10, 2007

Here we come a waffleling...


Ashley and I were driving to a friend's house yesterday and flipping through the radio stations, I told her that we were going to listen to Christmas music. She said that she sided with Tyson and it was too early. I was shocked. As I steadied the car back into our lane, I said, "What, are we going to listen to FM100?" She replied, "They are playing Christmas music." I didn't believe it at first, but then it was confirmed. Now both stations are playing holiday favorites. Who's favorites they are is beyond me cause some of them flat out suck, but until I bust out my Holiday mixes, they will have to fill the void.

Speaking of Music. I thought I would let you know what you should look forward to hearing in the coming weeks. Yep. The following list is my personal top ten fave Holiday tunes. Enjoy.

1. O Holy Night - Josh Groban. Now, before you go crazy about Josh Gayban, know that he doesn't go all crazy like Maya Rudolph singing the national anthem. Celine's is a good version. I personally like the Gayban's best. You can insert whatever version by whoever... one thing is certain - O Holy Night is the best Christmas song ever.

2. Carol of the Bells, aka Ukranian Carol. Has been one of my favorites for as long as I can remember. Pick whatever version you will. I like Narada's and Manheim's. Yep.

3. The Hallelujah Chorus - The MoTab Choir. Crank it up and sing along. Basses rule.

4. Angles we have heard on high. I have always liked this one as well. I don't care for individuals singing it. I prefer groups, like Voice Male.

5. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen/We Three Kings - The barenaked ladies feat. Sarah McLachlan. This song is awesome. Plain and simple. If you haven't heard it, you can borrow my copy of "Barenaked for the Holidays". It is very good.

6. Lo, How a Rose Ere Blooming - Jon Schmidt. Love it. I prefer just the music.

7. Baby It's Cold Outside. This is one of my newer favorites. Watch Elf and you will love it too.

8. You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch - Classic. Funny. Awesome.

9. Silent Night/Still, Still, Still. These tie as they are kinda the same feel. Take your pick. Both very good.

10. The Chanukah Song - Adam Sandler. Yep. The original is still so good. The second and third not so much, but his first is awesome.

Honorable mention include: Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy, Fum Fum Fum, Good Christian Men Rejoice, Far, Far away on Judea's Plains, Pat-a-Pan, and more.

Note: Mariah Carey has been left off this list on purpose. Sorry Tikes.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I really dont know where to begin on these favorites, so I will just say that any list, even if it is a list of suckiest haircuts and voices with the most vibratos should not include josh girlban. people say he is 17 or whatever but he sings like some guy would who has been transported by the dolorean from 1942. I will stick to my guns in saying that any music that you hear on cozy is not awesome. music that you hear on sunday morning on BYU channel 11 can also be left out of the awesome conversation, even though it may be true music, it doesnt mean that you need to list it on "awesome" lists.
check out my playlist on P's of J for real christmas musak.

Unknown said...

I could not get the pj song let me sleep to my playlist, so look it up yourself for christmas enjoyment. Wishlist will have to do.

Riley Alexander said...

It's true, these two stations are very competitive. Both being owned and run by zoobies, they compete in who is the most spiritual on sunday. Who has more Christmas spirit. Who can have the most callers call in crying, and of course, who has the cheeziest dj. It's been a tight race for a long time now and I'm sure they will continue to batter for "Biggest cheese in the valley" for all eternity. (as this is not until death do they part) Just get used to it guys. I heard DORKY 106.5 is going to sock it to femme 100 this year and start their christmas music in febuary. Ha, that'll show em! But in return I heard that the other station is going to start having testimony meetings on the air.

Riley Alexander said...

Oh, yeah, about the list, I dont know what my faves are. I'd have to think about that for a long time. I like all of these ones. I really really like the grinch one. That might be my number 1. Good list.

Your Mom said...

Smiley Riley, I am just wondering how you know so much about those 2 radio stations?

Tikes said...

Wow, Ri-Bone may have to change his name to Smiley Riley....that sounds like he belongs on Sesame Street.

Riley Alexander said...

For the record that was a nickname given to me. And I remember telling mom when I was little not to call me that. I will not however disagree with sesame street, if you tell me you didnt' think bert and enie were cool, your lying.

Unknown said...

Bert and Ernie lived together, alone, in a house. And Bert kind of talked funny, you know, like emo mixed with any host on the Bravo channel. Ribone are you sure you want to stick to your statement that they are cool?

Tikes said...

your mom currently has a puzzle where B&E are in the bath together. No wonder Ri-Bone thinks they are cool.

Hub said...

I think he is just wishes that they were in his hot tub with him.

Riley Alexander said...

I will clarify my comment.... Bert and Ernie WERE cool, or ARE cool if you are under the age of 7. They arent' as cool as the two muppets that lived in the sewer that sang and stuff. But still they were pretty awesome. As for their homosexual tendencies.... that must have been somthing that my older brothers picked up on and wished to be a part of. As for me, it was undetected, their subliminal messages did not work on me. If you want questionable characters, my money goes on Tigger, who's he hanging out with all day.... Roo, okay how old is Roo, like 4. Tigger is like 30. That's like crazy old man stalker.