Thursday, July 17, 2008

Another Small Peeve...



Many ‘guys’ have been spoken of in the blungle. There is ‘softball guy’ and even worse, ‘likes to walk in softball guy’. There is ‘biker shorts guy’ and ‘jogger guy’. There is even ‘white trash no undies cook guy’. The list goes on and on. A couple days ago something happened to me that opened my senses to not another guy, but a lady… ‘Way too much grandma perfume lady’. Let me explain…

The other day I am walking down the hall (not at home) and as I pass by the drinking fountain ‘WTMGPL’ walks by in all her glory. She is apparently unaware that the entire building can smell her coming. Are you kidding me? What is going on in her head as she is getting ready for the day? Does she stink really bad because she has hairy pits? Does she like the sound the little perfume bottle makes? Or does she just lose track of time as she sprays herself down for 10 minutes prior to exiting her home?

The worst part is that the perfume doesn’t even smell good unless you are above the age of 70 when the chemoreceptors in you nose start to deteriorate. Now, I don’t have a problem with perfume, cologne, candles, potpourri, peach air fresheners for your car, flowers, or any other pleasant smelling substance, I just have a problem with any lady that puts on 6 times the legal limit of perfume that belonged to her great grandmother. You can’t tell me that it doesn’t bug you too.

5 comments:

Riley Alexander said...

I agree 100%. I know those ladies, and I know the perfume of which you speak of. They reik. A little more info for you... WTMGPL ladies are usually found in packs every sunday in older more established ward boundry sac. meetings.

Tikes said...

I bet I even know this particular WTMGPL that Hub refers to....sweet.

Riley Alexander said...

Who was it?

Tobias said...

After working in a cell phone store, I have come to the conclusion that there is a certain age, when reached, where humans can start to make a complete @ss of themselves and it is accepted by society. I can't wait till I reach that age... I am serious! This age subject needs its own post... Once you get this certain age, you can put anything you want on, yell at anyone you want to, and drive 40 in the fast lane.

Riley Alexander said...

It's about the same time you lose your sanity.