Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The End Of An Era



I guess it was bound to happen sometime… As you know, I own a pair of golf shoes. You also know that I don’t ever stay strictly in the fairway. If you put those two bits of knowledge together you can understand that I get a bunch of mud and gunk stuck to my shoes. Anyway, today just so happened to be one of those days; and by ‘one of those days’ I mean holy I am terrible.

So we get to the 18th green and I pull out my putter to putt for bogey. I then notice my shoes. I think back to earlier in the round as I left the sand that I gave a swift wedge chop to my shoes to clean them of any residual sand. This chop was much like you see baseball players do to clean their cleats.

So, without thinking I decide that a couple swift putter chops to my shoes might clean them… it didn’t work. I then decide, again without thinking, to chop again – only harder. This time a bit of mud and some grass come off. I then decide to continue this action until I feel the majority of the crap is off my shoes. My putter had other ideas.

Pretty much I busted the head off my putter. Yes, I am a retard. Yes, I have learned my lesson, and yes, I am accepting any Scotty Cameron putters that you may have lying around the house. Consider it a charitable donation. It will go to a worthy cause.

War Tikes and Ri-Wie owning extra putters.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm glad it wasn't the sumo. You Alexander boys just need to drive the baseball out of your system. Pun intended.

Amanda said...

Ash...there is a time and a season for everything...Hub was just confused....and there was mud on his shoes.


Tikes

Unknown said...

at least there was no mud on his hat.

Riley Alexander said...

I dont question your thinking to beat your shoe with a club rather then just lean over, or take your shoe off. I would have done the same thing. Maybe you should go to Kmart, or Shopko, or any other high end golf store such as those two and purchase some Cougar clubs. They are as durable as they are popular.

Riley Alexander said...

That's why you see so many pros using them on tour.