Thursday, July 10, 2008

Please Remain Calm, This Is Only A Test...




Yes Sir, 3 days in a row...

So I took my big test that I have been avoiding/rescheduling for the last 4 months. The test is adaptive so if you answer the question right, you get a harder question; if you answer the question wrong, you get an easier one etc… There are a total of 205 questions with a minimum of 85 (if you do really well, or you really suck – the test ends early). So I got to 85 and braced myself for the end but, it didn’t come. I kept answering question after question until finally, at number 178 the test stopped.

I looked up my score online today and found out that, just like Tommy Callihan's D+, I passed. I am not sure how, but I now have an active LPN license. Pretty much you are all jealous of me because I can now go to a hospital and clean up human fecal matter (sometimes still warm) and get paid to do so.

I am still unsure about when and where I will be working in the next month. I talked to the HR director at Mtn. View and he said that as of right now neither Mtn. View nor Timp were currently hiring LPNs, so... we will see if I will even work as an LPN or what, but don’t worry – I will keep you all up to date. I am on a roll at this posting thing. Believe it.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

congratulations and welcome to the world of male nursing. it is almost as good as reading meters. I do remember that feeling of wanting the test to be over, and it not coming. On my LPN, i got the minimum, but on my RN boards I got an extra 10 questions. I was freaking out as I answered yet more questions about pediatrics and maternity. finally the test felt as if I had adequately been beaten into a mother baby peds coma and could be released from bondage. nice job gaylord. But, you do know that the real meaning of LPN is Lowly peon nurse right?

Tikes said...

Wow....I bet you were sweating it out after 177 questions came and went....

The test is teetering on failure/pass, not unlike the duece rule in tennis....two consecutive points in either direction will lead to pass/fail. Hub went 1 wrong and 1 right with the test all the way from 85 to 178......only to rip the heart out of the test for a pass....sweet.

Congratulations Nurse Alexander.

Tikes said...

or Nurzander

Zandnurse?

SittinDeadRed said...

Congrats!

Colby Alexander said...

Congrats! Happy birthday by the way!

Riley Alexander said...

Dude, I know the feeling to scrape by with a grade. I also know the feeling of failing miserably on a test. I like the first one better though as if you have ever experienced them you would probably agree. Congrats

Riley Alexander said...

I could probably use your LPN skills because I pooped my pants when I saw that you updated again.

amynewby said...

happy late birthday and congrats Mr LPN! Did I mention there are about 20 hospitals here in CS (seriously, i just googled it) and even more golf courses?? just some food for thought...

Unknown said...

I like the new header. Im sure the handicapped population will as well. you are truly accomodating.