Sunday, October 14, 2007

The Good, The Sad, and The Ugly



The Good - 7 (or 5-6) layer bean dip. I have asked this before, but my memories fade rather quickly these days. Ashley has graciously accepted the huge responsibility of providing some dip for the partae. Now, there are varying opinions on what is actually good on the dip. My dip faves are - besides the beans, sour cream, guac, and cheese - onions, and lots of tomatoes. Tyson, I believe you would switch onions for olives (and then puke later). Riley and Colby, I am not sure, but I think we can cater to your dip needs if you let us know by, let's say, Friday morning.
The Sad - I do not live in Mesa, where the sun doth shine continually year round providing ample opportunity to swing the clubs. That's right. I am retiring my clubs for the season. It saddens me not only to know that I will not be perfecting my Tiger Woods like swing, but that I will actually have to clean my clubs too. There is one thing that may bring me out of this depressed state. That leads to the ugly.
The Ugly - Flag football is in full swing at Hillman on Wed. nights and Saturdays. So all you fantasy flag football dorks should pick me up in the first round or you'll be sorry. I am hoping that we can pick up this guy. Just check the focus, determination, muscle tone, and cat-like speed and reflexes. He is the type of player we need to bring home the championship T-shirt.

6 comments:

Riley Alexander said...

First things first, the bean dip, all the guts are okay, but for the toppings, I only like cheese, so, if you want, i'll just eat from the section with the least amount of crud on it. The clubs, Casey, dont give in yet, I'm planning one last trip, and have been doing so for the last 3 saturdays but the weather has sucked. I just need one more saturday with decent weather. The ugly, that guys doesnt' hold a candle to what your going to see from me on friday at the tecmo tourny. That's right, you better bring it!

Tikes said...

I second Riley's motion to not bury them yet, as this week presents many opportunities for me to go....besides there is no snow on the ground. (in a robot voice) The course looks good, my swing feels good, I like my chances. As for the dip, yes to olives no to onions, yes to LOTS of tomatoes...BOO to anyone else's comments about the dip.

Riley Alexander said...

I just noticed this, is he ducking his head in hopes that it will cause his oppenent to miss his flag? Is it for wind resistance?

Hub said...

My favorite part of thd picture is the dude in the background with the ring of sweat around his neck. It's pretty much me after I have to tie my shoes.

Riley Alexander said...

Casey: About the out of shapeness, my services have been requested on a basketball team this year, but to tell you the truth I'm nervouse about my level of stamina, and speed I will have. I have 2 years on you, and even more on Tyson and Colby, but 1- i'm not in high school anymore, and 2- I'm married. I swear once you get married your metabolism decides to go ahead and coast from here on out. I have been meaning to run to get into shape, but that would require me to 1- actually run, which I do not like to do. 2- take time away from my blog. So, I dont know if I will ever start.

Riley Alexander said...

Man, I took your voting thing over on the right side as to what Ty's username should be, very awesome by the way, with him having one. No doubt he requested it himself. It took me probably 7 minutes to finally decide, as Ty Fighter was my fave, but that was linked to star wars, which I wouldn't want people to associate the two of them together, and since he is very tall for his age I had to go with Ty Zilla, all were very good though. Tough choice