Friday, October 26, 2007

Welcome to Planet Man-Ram

Manny Ramirez has been a hot topic in the bloggle as of late, so I thought I would do my part to stir the pot a little more. I will start by asking a question... Why does Man-Ram do what he does? The answer is simple... Because he can. Yes, he wears pajamas. Yes, his hair and appearance at times can be frightening. No, he does not run hard, ever. Yes, he hits a lot of home runs. Yes, he throws his arms up in the air and walks the bases when he hits a home run even though his team is losing 9-3 in the 9th. Just one more, yes, he deserves a gold glove - why? because he is so innovative.

For years, the "norm" has been that when a center fielder gets a ball he will hit a (one) cut-off man. The cut-off man is usually the short-stop. The cut-off man then proceeds to throw the ball home. Usually that is where the play is. Well, not in planet Man-Ram.

On planet Man-Ram, when the center fielder gets the ball he throws it towards home plate. At this moment, we all think that the short-stop will cut the throw and send it home. Well, in Manny's world - he dives to cut the throw from the center fielder. Yes, he dives to his left (a great catch by the way) lands, turns, and from his knees, throws it home? No. To the original cut-off. Yep. That is correct. He cuts the throw to the cut-off to throw it to the cut-off. From his knees. Wow.

How in the world can we not reward this sort of behavior. He is changing the game of baseball single handedly and we are witnesses. This is an absolutely incredible time. Yes, the game may be dominated by massive steroid scandals, but I think we should focus on the positive. Manny being Manny is the funniest thing in baseball. He is crazy. The best part is that he doesn't even know it. He is perfect for a place like the bloggle.

So all you haters, just give him a chance, let go of everything he does that destroys all you have ever been taught about baseball. Let go of all that you have loved about baseball. And let Manny in. All he needs is a fastball down the middle, some XXXXL baseball pants, a doo rag, and a glove. He will at least teach you how to NOT play left field. But what are you going to do? DH Manny and have big Papi play left? Alright then.

For those of you that don't believe that he actually cut a throw from Damon and threw it to short - Here you go. (Scroll down a bit - it's the 4th video there) I hope it works. It didn't work on my computer at home, but did work on my computer at work. Yes, I know, I know, save the applause, autographs after the post, please. I have done it again. Bringing you all the best video out there. Laugh, or shake your head in disgust. It's up to you. I report, You decide.

3 comments:

Riley Alexander said...

After reading this entry and doing a little research I do kind of in a small way think some of man rams' actions are funny. Just because he doesn't know how dumb he is. But he is old enough to know better, here is a list of things he needs to do.
stop wearing pj's to their games, wash his helmet... its' covered in dirt because.... hustle, no seriousely, that drives me insane! Stop celebrating every home run like it was won the world series, be normal, not refer to himself as one of the best hitters in the game. If you are, other people will do it for you.

Hub said...

It's true. He has some issues. By some I mean a ton, but he does hit home runs and up to this point in his career - the benefits are outweighing the stupidity. Until that changes, we can watch and laugh. But please kids, don't try what he does at home.

Riley Alexander said...

That's true. He is a big threat offensesivly, and their 3-4 hitters are ummmm, I wouldnt' want to pitch to that. But I will try to forgive Manny in this world series, although I hope the Rockies win. But I just dont know if I can get past our differences. Also add, when he runs and throws him helmet/hat off.