Sunday, October 21, 2007

Official Press Release


That is right, weaklings. I am sure that you all have been wondering why I haven't posted about my incredible run to the Tecmo Super Bowl Hall of Fame in P-town. Well, as the cliche goes, it just hadn't quite sunk in. I was so overwhelmed with emotion that I needed a couple days to rest recover from it all. The overload of NES stimuli was almost too much for me to handle. Much like Riley needed some time to lick his wounds, I was basking in the rays of immortal status. I am now ready for any questions that you may have as to my mad skills. Where do they come from, you ask? Well, it is mostly just an natural talent that has been suppressed these last few years. It just peaked at the right time. Hours upon hours of playing helps, but when you got it, you just got it, and you know it.
Jim Rome called, Dan Patrick called, and Sports Illustrated called, so keep your eyes and ears open for the interviews that are to come in the next few weeks. I was even told that there was a good chance that I would be on the cover of the November edition of ESPN the magazine. Take a good look at these pictures because, as Riley said, that is pretty much all you are going to see of the trophy. Tyler has already grown quite fond of it. He even claims he can beat me and rightfully take it. I seriously doubt that, but I give him a better chance than N.A. "Psht...please".
The man, aka T-Slobber only had one official comment after the tournament... "My dad can beat your dad at Tecmo." Ouch.

6 comments:

Riley Alexander said...

Ouch, indeed. That comment cut straight through my many layers of muscles and into my pride. I'll see you next year, in the tourny, where I will then beat you. And taste the sweet or possible salty taste of victory. I keep fighting the urge to tell you to get your filthy hands off my trophy when... (me crying) I realize it is your trophy. Yes, it's been a rough 2 days. The loss of a good freind (the trophy) and then my blog was nearly destroyed. 2 of the top 4 things in my life taken away from me. By the way..... can you guys sign my cast... somwhere I can see it?

Tikes said...

Alas, I think the time has come for a tournament in which I can easily dominate you....Something that I have spent countless hours doing and you have not. Then when I create a trophy and win it...you will all feel dumb. So when should I schedule the reading contest? Or the sunflower seed chewing contest? How about Harry Potter Trivia? Yeah, that is what I thought. You guys think you are pretty tough at Tecmo, but you should be as your total playing time is about 400,000 times what mine is...so maybe we should have some sort of Awesome Olympics to better determine who is the best. Events would be chosen by each member of Team Awesome and a few by random strangers or your mom. That would be a more true test of superiority.

Tikes said...

I would win of course, but it would still be fun.

Riley Alexander said...

What about differnt nintendo games? We can even range to the newer ones? Gran Turismo anyone? Yeah, dont even pick up your paddle vs. me. You were be metaphorically destroyed. As for the reading war, that does sound super fun, and super awesome, but I think we should do somthing that everyone has participated in. (I dont read anything but blogs, and braves websites) Although I do know like 7 characters in harry potter, and do remember that he is a wizard. You know what game is fun is that scene it game, i also have a game that's set up to be boys vs. girls

Riley Alexander said...

P.s. maybe you should tell mom that all your time playing wasn't a waste of time, and now yuo have a trophy to prove it.

Kara said...

Ha Ha this is a perfect piture...guys watch out Tyler will eat you alive...... Eat it!!!!!